Did you know that over 50% of homes have pets ranging from dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, mice, hamsters and even a hippo!
Growing up, I’ve always had a lot of pets from stick insects when I was younger and then progressed to goldfish which was followed by mice, a hamster and then a family cat and last October I got my first dog who is a cross between a Pug and a Jack Russell named Frankie (the Fu Dog) who you may have seen on my Facebook page.
I had never really considered how a pet would have a positive or negative aspect on the energy of my home where Feng Shui is concerned except for the goldfish of course as it has a strong water element with the fish tank; the stick insects, hamster and cat were always the most placid of pets and never really did much around the house so I never really considered their energy until I got Frankie, the little rocket dog that loves running up and down the stairs, around the whole house and garden and generally enjoys stealing my socks and running off somewhere and hiding them.
I think I made him sound a bit of a naughty dog; he is actually a very well behaved dog but does enjoy winding me up every now and again when he gets bored of finding somewhere to sleep which I’m sure cant be comfy but he seems happy.
I’ve gone off track a bit talking about Frankie so I’ll get back on topic. Pets in your home no matter how big or small can be able to alter the energy in your home; a mouse may not do that much throughout the day but if they are on their wheel, they can create quite a lot of movement which can affect the Qi of the room that they are in.
I realise that not everyone pet is as energetic as mine as my Nonna’s (Nans) dog will spend the whole day sat in the living room or the hallway by the front door simply laying down on the carpet, enjoying the peace and quiet and he does not have a huge effect on the energy of her home and maybe your pet is also more laid back as well but for those of you who have a crazy canine like I do, you may notice a difference in energy if your pet tends to run around and play a lot in a certain area of your home.
I’m relating mainly to dogs in this article as I find it easier to write when I write about my own personal situation with my dog but this all relates to any pet you may have at home no matter how big or small.
If your little furry friend spends most of their time in the east or southeast this year, this is where the #3 and #2 star in 2014 are located and you may soon notice problems this year, especially so in June as the monthly Flying Stars pair up with the Annual stars and we have double the influence of the Flying Stars in each area from 6th June – 6th July 2014 so please try to avoid the east and southeast if possible and try to avoid having your pet doing too much in this area. You’ll know that the effects of the #3 and #2 stars are taking place in these areas if you or your pet are suffering from the following: obviously some of them wont apply to the pets!
- Stomach problems
- foot problems
- breathing problems
- wealth issues
- legal problems
The good news is that at this point of the article, you now know what the problem is and I will now tell you how to alleviate any existing or future problems. Try to keep these areas as calm as possible during 2014.
Cures for the southeast in 2014
- Place a light in this corner of the room. If you have a choice, a lamp with a wooden stand and a peach shade is better.
- Do not hang wind chimes in this corner of the house, especially metal wind chimes or may worsen matters.
- Place a bi you an jian Buddha in 2014
- During hot summer months, make sure the fan is not located in this corner of the room.
- Check through everything before signing documents if office is here.
- Try and keep this area quiet and do not disturb with loud noises throughout 2014.
- Please be careful of back stabbing this year.
- Avoid placing heavy metal ornaments here as this will aggravate the wood star, a traditional cure is to place a red Dragon here but make sure he is not made of metal.
Cures for the east in 2014
- Hang six Chinese coins tied in red ribbon especially if your main door is here. · Place a salt water cure
- Hang a wooden Wu-Lou in the east corner of the room/bed if your bedroom is located in the east sector of the house.
- If this is your main door hang a Ba Gua outside the property. Avoid using red colour in this room and refrain from displaying triangle shape or fiery pictures in this corner of the east room.
- Place a Ru Yi wealth and legal enhancer in the east.
There are two other areas that you should take care with this year and they are the northwest where the #5 star is located, southwest where the #1 is located and the northeast where the #7 is located in 2014 and also in June 2014 for the Monthly Flying Stars. You will know that the #5, #1 and #7 have been activated if you or your pet are
suffering from the following:
- Mind related issues
- lack of energy or motivation
- robbery and theft
- backstabbing and gossip
Cures for the northwest in 2014
- Do not decorate your room with red or earth colours this year. Grey or white beddings and curtains are good colours to use temporarily.
- Place a salt water cure in the northwest corner of the room as well as the NW of the home.
- Move your bed to another corner of the room if possible even if it is a few feet away from the northwest corner if this is a small room. This way, you will avoid sleeping exactly in the northwest sector of the room.
- Place a Brass Wu-Lou in the northwest corner of the room if this is your bedroom.
- Metal objects such as six Chinese metal coins tied in a red ribbon and/or a brass Dragon can be placed in this corner too. Try not to use red dragons.
- Most of all, avoid disturbing this area at all costs. Any form of renovations that needs to be done, plan it for another year. It is worth keeping this in mind.
- Tsai Shen Yeh (God of wealth) in a gold colour is very effective at not only reducing the bad earth but by also protecting your wealth for the year in the NW.
Cures for the southwest in 2014
- Hang a six rods hollow metal wind chime here if this is your front door.
- A brass Wu-Lou would be a good cure for a bedroom along with blue colours.
- Place a metal abacus and or a round metal wealth pot filled with coins on your office desk if your office is also in the southwest sector.
- Hang a 12 coin ball tied with red ribbon, this is a very powerful wealth enhancer and perfect for the SW.
- Tsai Shen Yeh (God of wealth) in a gold colour is very good for protecting and enhancing your wealth for the year in the SW. It must be gold colour though to represent metal.
- An essential enhancer in 2014 is a sheng chi cure.
Cures for the northeast in 2014
- Try to use more blue in your decoration in the northeast this year. You can introduce the colour with cushions, bed covers or doormats.
- Do not use anything of fire element or colours red to control it as this may aggravate it. · Do not hang metal wind chimes here.
- Avoid having quartz crystals here.
- Check fire alarms regularly throughout the year.
The northeast, southwest and the northwest are not as bad areas as the east and southeast for pets but try to encourage them to play in a better area this year like the centre, west, south and north this year and especially this month.
We have had a lot of people message in asking if they can calculate their pets Chinese Animal the same way that you would as a person and I actually checked this shortly on the Academy of Feng Shui software after I got Frankie the Fu Dog and he is an Earth Snake and as mad as it may sound, he sleeps in the west as this is good for promoting good health and is also his Tien Yi direction.
To summarise this blog post, a lot of us, including myself tend to treat our pets as humans although with Feng Shui thats not a bad thing, the more that we consider the influence that our pets can have on out home, the better we can use this to our advantage to stop problems.
If you would like to submit a picture of your furry friend to go on this page, you can submit your photos on our Facebook page by clicking here.
I hope you all enjoy reading and if you have any questions or tips on Feng Shui and pets, please feel free to leave your comment below.