On the 2nd, 3rd. 4th and 5th of June 2012, the Feng Shui Store will be closed to celebrate and pay respect to Queen Elizabeth of United Kingdom marking her majesties 60 years on the throne.
Of course the website and all the Estore will still be open, although the phone lines will be closed until Wednesday morning at 9:00am.
I find it absolutely amazing to have a Queen serving the country for 60 years and what a great job she has done, too!
Since 1952, Queen Elizabeth has been the Queen of the United Kingdom and has lead us through good and bad times over the past 60 years. I think every person in Great Britain and around the world will agree with me that she has done a fantastic job so far.
From decimalisation, to the JFK assasination and up to Barrack Obama becoming the President of the United States of America; the Queen has been around for every event and she has been the face that kept millions going through everyday life for the past 60 years.
How well do you know Queen Elizabeth? ten interesting Facts about Queen Elizabeth:
- The Queen is the second longest serving monarch after Queen Victoria (63 years).
- Queen Elizabeth has given regular audiences to 12 Prime Ministers.
- There have been six Roman Catholic Popes during The Queen’s reign.
- Tony Blair was the first Prime Minister to have been born during The Queen’s reign. He was born in May 1953 – a month before the Coronation.
- Her Majesty has launched 21 ships.
- During her reign, The Queen has undertaken over 256 official overseas visits to 129 different countries.
- Princess Elizabeth travelled on the London Underground for the first time in May 1939 with her governess Marion Crawford and Princess Margaret.
- The Queen’s wedding ring was made from a nugget of Welsh gold which came from the Clogau St David’s mine. The official wedding cake was made by McVitie and Price Ltd, using ingredients given as a wedding gift by Australian Girl Guides.
- In 1997, The Queen launched Buckingham Palace’s first official website.
- The Queen’s real birthday is on 21st April, but it is celebrated officially in June.
The United Kingdom and the United States of America have always had a very close relationship where they have always had very similar relations in political, diplomatic, cultural, economic, military, and historical relations and I am sure that there will be many Americans celebrating the Queens Diamond Jubilee along with the majority of the world.
Did you know that the Queens four best facing directions from a Feng Shui point of view are:
- Sheng Chi – North
- Tien Yi – South
- Yan Nian – East
- Fu Wei – South-East
To sum up this post, all of us at the Feng Shui Store would like to wish Queen Elizabeth an amazing Jubilee and thank her for her 60 years on the Throne and we are all hoping for many years ahead.
Wishing all of you that are celebrating, a truly fantastic Diamond Jubilee weekend.