With all the doom and gloom throughout the world at the moment I thought this would be an ideal time to give you some authentic and traditional Feng Shui tips to use now and in 2012 and beyond.
Having good Feng Shui is not just about having your home looking like a Chinese restaurant with Buddha’s in every corner, good Feng Shui is simple and also basic common sense, we just need to reminded every now and again and this is me included, so I hope you enjoy these tips and please put them into action as soon as possible as 2012 is a year when many Feng Shui cures and enhancers are needed. I have copied below
1) Don’t assume when something bad happens in your life that your Feng Shui has gone pear shaped, it is probably just a passing influence of the monthly changes in the flying stars. The first thing is look at our website and check the monthly stars, this normally explains why something has happened and more importantly what you can do about it. Do not get paranoid though, sometimes things happen because it is part of your destiny earth luck and nothing to do with the Feng Shui of the home, it could be because you are a Dog or other animal and your forecast that month was not good. Do not worry, it will pass and remember we spend 70% of our time worrying about things that never even happen.
2) This advice may sound condescending to some and if so I am sorry but don’t think by buying a three legged Toad or a pair of Mandarin ducks and placing it in your office or bedroom that you will win the lottery one day and the next day your dream date will come knocking on the door. You have to address the basics first, a clean house and garden and live your life as best you can. Whatever you give out in this world will come back to you tenfold good or bad.
Don’t get me wrong the Toads and ducks or any other enhancer are very important but like everything in life some elbow grease has to go into achieving your dreams. These enhancers are superb but a little like having a perfect diet and plenty of exercise but smoke 60 cigarettes and drinking a bottle of whisky a day. There is no point in placing your 3-legged Toad in a place where you make space by clearing all the dust and dirt to one side.
3) The garden is very often overlooked and now is a perfect time to make sure all drains are cleared and cleaned, and I do mean lifting drain covers and cleaning out and disinfecting, this is very important and the Sha Qi (negative energy) from them can cause many problems. Gutters and down-pipes also hold much Sha Qi (negative energy) especially if they are full of dead leaves, just put your nose up close and the smell will tell all. I know this may not seem like the exciting text you would normally read in Feng Shui books but to us and the more authentic Feng Shui Master these jobs are critical for good Feng Shui.
4) It is worth spending a few hours cleaning the main door and glass, oiling hinges, polishing brass, fixing broken door furniture etc because the main door is one of the most important areas of the home, it is usually where the main Qi enters your home and the quality of Qi will be as good as the state of repair to the door. Remember the quality of the Qi that enters your home is governed by the quality of your main door and its surroundings.
This also applies to door mats and door frames. Door mats should be kept very clean and make sure no shoes are kept by the door. Did you also know that dirty windows can make you lose 30% daylight (Sheng Qi) in a home?
5) When you have completed these jobs you should check to make sure all the annual cures and enhancers are set up inside your home for the year. In 2012 you should have a Pi Yao in the northwest facing southeast, six Chinese coins tied in a row with red ribbon placed in the southeast and also north, along with a salt water cure, you should have a crystal or ceramic items in the west along with a master cure for 2012, for further details of the 2012 cures and enhancers follow this link https://fengshuistore.co.uk/2012-flying-star-xuan-kong/
6) To activate wealth and relationships this year 2012, place quartz crystals, crystal balls or hanging faceted crystals in the west of your home, also place some romantic objects like Mandarin ducks or painting/statues of hugging couples etc. Store your important financial papers here like pensions, stock portfolio etc. If you use symbolic cures this is where you should place your three-legged Toad facing your Sheng Chi direction.
7) Keep a diary of changes you make in the home and garden. You can easily identify with changes that happen in your life and use it as a measure of how powerful Feng Shui can be.
8) Try and face your best direction when working, sleeping, writing etc. Everybody has 4 good and 4 bad directions. To find your good and bad directions and for more information on this follow this link http://www.fengshuiweb.co.uk/advice/eightmansions.htm
9) To avoid arguments and legal problems this year avoid spending time in the southwest and northwest of your home or office. Burn a candle in the southwest with care and place something red to weaken the negative energy and some dark blue colours in the northwest.
10) Use the Tong Shu (almanac) for selecting important dates like weddings, engagements, starting a new business, signing contracts, interviews, travel, installing a pond or water feature, building work. Any event that you think is important.
If you have enjoyed reading this article, please leave a review below and share this with your friends.
Written by Michael Hanna 2012
“Real difficulties can be overcome; it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.”